Crown and Bridge Treatment
If you are seeking affordable, highest quality replacement of a missing tooth or teeth in the Tampa Bay area, we invite you to contact Serenity Dental. We have two locations in Lutz and Wesley Chapel where Dr. Nilash Patel and Dr. Nitash Patel will give you personalized attention, evaluate your needs and fully inform you about treatment options. At Serenity Dental in Lutz (Land O’Lakes) and Wesley Chapel, our dentists will work with your budget and preferences. True to our name, Serenity Dental, we are dedicated to making sure you feel comfortable and at home every time you visit.
A dental bridge is a fixed (non-removable) appliance and is an excellent way to replace missing teeth. A bridge can be used to:
- Fill the space of missing teeth
- Maintain facial shape
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Restore chewing and speaking ability
- Restore your smile
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed partial denture
If you choose crown and bridge treatment, versus implant treatment, your prosthetic teeth (the bridge) will be attached to crowns on one or more adjacent teeth.
Crown and Bridge Treatment Options
Your Smile Design dentist will discuss treatment options with you and help you make the decision that is most appropriate for you. A traditional bridge consists of two crowns that go over two anchoring teeth with a prosthetic tooth or teeth suspended between them. A cantilevered bridge is used when there is only one adjacent natural tooth that can be crowned to retain the bridging prosthesis.
Implant retained single crowns or multi-unit bridges are not only very popular, but also provide the most conservative and highest standard of care. This is because implant retained prosthetic teeth do not require the removal of enamel from teeth to receive crowns. The teeth adjacent to the implant remain intact.
There are additional benefits of the implant option:
- The implant stimulates bone growth to prevent bone resorption and resultant changes to your jaw structure. Your face will not prematurely age.
- The gum tissue will continue to fit well around the bridge long into the future.
- Implant treatment provides the strongest chewing function.
- An implant retained bridge is more durable than a traditional bridge and therefore predicted to last longer. Traditional dental bridges will last many years, but they commonly need replacement or to be re-cemented due to normal wear.
- Many times, an implant can serve as the anchor for a future more extensive bridge if one or more adjacent teeth become no longer viable.
Call Serenity Dental Today!
We know how embarrassing it can be to have a gap in your smile. We will efficiently do everything we can to restore your dental function and give you back a beautiful smile in a timely manner. Patients throughout our area, appreciate our affordable highest quality dentistry. If you need of a restorative and cosmetic dentist to replace missing teeth or are interested in affordable implant placement and restoration by our implant dentist, we are here for you. We proudly serve the communities of Land O’Lakes, Lutz, Zephyrhills, Dade City, Odessa, San Antonio, Trinity, Lakeland, New Tampa and communities throughout the Tampa Bay area.