Broken Tooth Repair in Land O’Lakes, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills & Elsewhere in the Tampa Bay Area
A broken tooth is almost always considered a dental emergency, and you should not attempt to treat it at home. If you break a tooth in Lutz, Land O’Lakes, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, or the surrounding communities, you should make an appointment with Serenity Dental as soon as possible – even if the tooth doesn’t hurt.
There are a number of ways the dental professionals at Serenity can treat a broken tooth. Much depends on what caused it. Activities, conditions, and events that can lead to breaking a tooth include:
- Biting down too hard on an object or food
- Taking a blow to the mouth or face
- A nasty fall
- Cavities and tooth decay
While there is no way to repair a broken tooth without professional help from a dentist, there are a few steps you can take to mitigate any pain or potential infection until you are able to get to the dental office. These steps include:
- Using warm water to rinse your mouth
- Stopping any bleeding by applying gauze or an unused tea bag
- Reducing any swelling by applying an ice pack to the jaw, cheek, or lips
- Applying temporary dental cement to the fractured tooth
- Taking an over-the-counter analgesic or anti-inflammatory to reduce any pain or swelling
The staff at Serenity Dental understands that breaking a tooth is traumatic. We are committed to making every patient comfortable and at ease at our offices in Lutz/Land O’Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and Zephyrhills. Whether you require oral surgery, dental implants, or a more minor procedure to repair your broken or cracked tooth, your experience at Serenity will be as stress-free as possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.